Ohio Manufacturing Alliance Brings Companies Together to Produce 1 Million Face Masks
Provides face coverings to support Ohio’s reopening
COLUMBUS, OHIO – The Ohio Manufacturing Alliance to Fight COVID-19 today announced that Ohio firms have come together to produce 1 million cotton face masks within 10 weeks. The washable masks will be distributed to the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction and to local governments for use by first responders and other local government employees.
The effort facilitated by the Ohio Manufacturing Alliance includes the following companies that have repurposed and retooled to sew masks:
- Superb Industries, Sugarcreek, which typically manufactures components for the automotive, appliance, security, and energy industries
- Original Mattress Factory, Cleveland, which makes mattresses and box springs
- Ohio Awning, Cleveland, which manufactures custom awnings for homes and businesses
- Goodwill Industries, Akron, which has adapted its operations for sewing aprons, laundry bags, backpacks and more
- Carriage House Printery, Akron, a custom fabric printing company
Read the full news release here .